Closing care gaps
Five strategies for all organizations
- Trends in market that are leading to care gaps in chronically ill patients
- 5 strategies to close healthcare gaps and improve financial and population outcomes
As retail clinics and telehealth practices continue to grow, the competition for simple or routine care has increased. But the aging patient population requires more than just routine care. Closing care gaps for these chronically ill patients is essential to financial and population outcomes.
It’s more important for clinicians to put effort into addressing the full care gap spectrum, from easy to hard. Strategies can sound similar, but the more difficult the gap is to navigate, the less opportunity you may have. You may need to be more tactical to improve patient outcomes as well as the clinical and financial performance of your healthcare organization.
The Closing Care Gaps ebook walks you through strategies taken from high-performing organizations within the athenahealth network. You’ll learn about:
• Using outreach effectively
• Addressing gaps before and after visits
• Establishing protocols for complex care
• Making it easy for patients to comply
• Empowering patients to participate in their car