This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by athenahealth, Inc., its subsidiaries and its affiliates including, but not limited to, VVC Holding Corp., (collectively, “athenahealth”, “we” or “us”) during the application or recruitment process including:
This policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for which may include the name and information related to an individual who referred you to the application or recruitment tool for athenahealth;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information, eligibility to work in the country of hire, and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable) , including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to athenahealth and/or any previous employment history with Athenahealth;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process;
- Information related to the expenses (as applicable) incurred during the interview process which may include transportation, hotel and incidental costs;
- If you proceed past the interview stage and prior to your official hire, information including your social security number, date of birth, Permanent Account Number (PAN) and/or ADDHAR number, as applicable.
How we use information we collect
- Your information will be used by athenahealth for the purposes of carrying out its application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at athenahealth;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you and only as applicable, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to athenahealth’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
- We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of athenahealth, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with Athenahealth, the some of the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record, including, but not limited to: your resume (or similar output provided), text of the job description for the role you were hired into, background check information including the authorization and report, offer letter and your employee agreement.
We may also use your personal information in specific circumstances, or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. If we use your information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
Who may have access to your information
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at Athenahealth by a current Athenahealth employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the Athenahealth employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Athenahealth employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- Athenahealth may also use service providers acting on Athenahealth’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including, but not limited to, for the purposes of the verification / background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- Athenahealth may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your references), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Athenahealth, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal or contact information to Athenahealth.
- Athenahealth operates globally, which means your information may be stored and processed outside of the country or region where it was originally collected including in the United States. In some of these countries, you may have fewer rights with respect to, your information than you do in your country of residence. By submitting your information to us, you consent to the processing, storage, transfer of your personal information by athenahealth in and to the United States.
Athenahealth takes appropriate and reasonable steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at athenahealth and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), athenahealth will retain your information for a period of time after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at Athenahealth and to help us better understand, analyze and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that we may retain some information to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims.
Your rights in respect of your information
In certain countries, you may have certain rights under data protection, labor or employment law(s).
You can contact athenahealth’s Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com to inquire about and/or exercise your rights related to your information. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. EEffective date: August 27 2019