Providers on our medical billing and practice management service get paid more, faster, with less work.
Making better patient engagement possible
With convenient services that help you stay connected, reduce no-shows, and keep your patients engaged in their care, we're letting doctors be doctors.
Patient engagement services
Expert patient engagement services
Effective patient engagement has quickly become the foundation for running a successful, high-performing medical practice. Through automated messaging, live operators, and a convenient patient portal, athenaCommunicator®, our patient engagement service, helps engage patients in their care and significantly reduce your staff’s administrative work.
Our patient engagement services include:
- Automated messaging platform: Reach patients easily and efficiently with automated reminders for appointments, billing, and preventive and follow-up care, delivered via email, text, or phone. Our patient engagement service even allows you to alert patients when test results are waiting for them in the patient portal, and notifies you when they’ve been reviewed. In 2014, we delivered more than 200 million automated messages on behalf of our clients.
- Live operator service: Our live operators act as an extension of your team, accessing the same cloud-based information as your staff, so they can help patients cancel or reschedule appointments, pay bills, leave messages for their care team and more – all after hours, at no additional cost to you.
- Online patient access: With athenaCommunicator, patients engage in their care using our award-winning patient portal to review their health history, sign practice forms, pay bills, schedule appointments and more. The portal is mobile optimized, giving your patients true 24/7 access, any time, anywhere, from any device.
We take on as much work as we can, so you can focus on engaging with patients and involving them in their own care.
Improving your bottom line
With every no-show, your organization loses not one, but two revenue opportunities: The patient that had been scheduled and the last-minute opening that can’t be filled. By sending automated reminders to patients, our patient engagement service helps curb no-shows and keep schedules full.
The result? athenahealth practices see an 8% drop in no-show rate.2
Population health outreach
Our population health program leverages the integrated capabilities of athenaClinicals, our EHR , and athenaCommunicator to perform automated outreach to patients in need of preventive or chronic care services. We identify care gaps within your patient population, filter for patients in need of that care, engage them through automated messaging, and help you manage and measure the outcomes. Providers can launch one of our pre-packaged population health campaigns, or create their own. The campaigns take just 10 minutes to set up, and reminders are delivered via phone, text, or email, based on each patient’s preference —part of our convenient patient engagement strategy. By automating these important tasks, we're keeping providers focused on care delivery.
And these campaigns have proven results. For example, in just the first few months of our hypertension management campaigns, 9% of patients moved from the “uncontrolled” status to “controlled,” an improvement achieved through automated outreach and self-scheduling—with very little demand on practice staffs.*
Let Doctors Be Doctors
Get back the joy of providing care
• Save time & maximize productivity
• See & improve your performance
Patient Engagement Demo
From our CloudView Blog
Our cloud-based services include:
Our award-winning Electronic Health Records (EHR) service gives providers greater control, so they can focus on what they do best.
Patient communication services that reduce no-shows by 8% and keep providers better connected to our patients.
A complete end-to-end service for seamless care coordination across the continuum, no matter where patients seek care.