We guarantee your MIPS success.
Understanding the new Quality Payment Program – The MIPS trackThe Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) creates a new framework for rewarding providers for better, lower-cost, patient-centered care. MACRA streamlines existing quality reporting programs into one new Quality Payment Program (QPP) with two tracks: the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or Alternative Payment Model. Beginning in 2017, Eligible Clinicians5 will be required to participate in one of these two tracks.
About 90 percent of Eligible Clinicians will qualify for the MIPS track in 2017. MIPS will combine existing quality programs, Meaningful Use, PQRS, and Value Modifier and add a new category, Clinical Practice Improvement Activities. Eligible Clinicians will be scored and benchmarked against their peers. Your performance in 2017 will affect your 2019 Medicare Part B payments.
All about our MIPS guaranteeWe guarantee that new practices using athenaOne will avoid any MIPS payment penalties (downward fee adjustments) to their 2019 Medicare Part B fee schedule based on 2017 reporting. If we're unsuccessful, we'll credit the practice the amount of the penalty for 2017.1
Just as we've done for Meaningful Use, PQRS, and Value-based Modifier programs, athenahealth MIPS experts will design workflows to ensure client success and take on data collection and reporting. This minimizes work and risk for your practice and allows you to focus on delivering high-quality patient care.
The athenahealth advantageBacked by the largest network in healthcare, we're uniquely positioned to deliver results to our clients—starting now.
- Your proactive partner: We've already started to estimate our current clients' performance, so they'll be ready for a January 1 start date.
- Unmatched visibility: Our network offers visibility into our clients' performance. Clients can track performance and make changes to satisfy quality measures.
- Seamless attestation: We will embed Quality Payment Program requirements into the clinical workflow. This helps practices attest with ease, avoid penalties, and gain positive adjustments.
- Automatic optimization: We use an automatic model to optimize quality performance scores through measure selection.
- Reporting on your behalf: We will handle MIPS reporting so you can focus on patient care.
- Experience and results: At athenahealth, we have teams of experts handling value-based programs for our clients. We lead the industry with our clients' success in MU and PQRS.
1MIPS 2017 Guarantee is available to new athenahealth Clients that go live on athenaOne services by 6/30/17. Terms of the Guarantee must be incorporated into an effective services agreement between Athena and Client. Other terms and conditions apply.
22011-2015. Data current as of July 2015
32012-2015. Data current as of July 2015
4Based on athenahealth participating providers in 2015
5Eligible Clinicians include Physicians, Physician Assistants (PAs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), and groups that include such clinicians.
Need more information?
Contact one of our experts to learn how athenahealth can help you navigate upcoming quality programs and avoid MIPS penalties.
* All fields required
Thanks! We'll be in touch soon!
In the meantime, please feel free to give us a call at 800.981.5084, explore the site or check out a video.
An error occurred
Please feel free to give us a call at 800.981.5084.