Culture at athenahealthOur beginnings
athenahealth didn’t start as a cloud-based services provider for medical practices. We actually began in 1997 as a medical practice and birthing center in California called athena women’s health and the Birthplace. Founders Jonathan Bush and Todd Park quickly recognized that they were spending an enormous amount of effort just trying to get paid for their services. When they couldn’t find a solution to their problem, they developed their own.
What emerged was the origin of the cloud-based services athenahealth is known for today. With our proven combination of cloud-based software, networked knowledge and back office services, we are focused on creating a national health information backbone that helps health care work as it should.Learn more about us
From Our CloudView Blog
We still have the same disruptive, entrepreneurial spirit today, and endeavor to preserve our culture as we grow.
- We were voted Forbes “Most Innovative Growth Company” and a Deloitte “Fast 500 Company” in 2014 and have earned numerous employer awards
- We offer perks like creative workspaces, food trucks, lawn games, a casual dress code, and discounted gym memberships
- We maintain a business growth rate of 25-30% every year since our founding
- We encourage professional curiosity and endless growth opportunities
- All employees are bonus eligible
- Best of all, we strive to be caregivers’ most trusted service, helping them do well doing the right thing
Our innovative energy
A vital part of our culture is its transparency. How many organizations do you know where every employee is officially classified as an “insider,” with the ability to openly challenge their leaders? We encourage new ideas—and you can expect them to be constructively debated! We operate at a fast pace within a flat hierarchy, with meetings held behind glass walls so everyone can see the ongoing collaborative teamwork. At athenahealth, every “athenista” is expected to act as both teacher and learner.
Let’s face it: U.S. health care is broken, and it needs heroes. Consider becoming an athenista. We’re saving healthcare one medical caregiver at a time and challenging an industry. We need your help to do it!
Be amazed by your ability to learn and grow!
- Senior Solutions Design Manager
- Senior Manager MDP Marketplace Operations
- Senior MIS Developer Associate, BI
- Consulting Services Manager
- Senior Performance Assocaite
- Executive Director of Core Analytics
- Senior Manager Product Management
- Chief Security Information Architect
- Executive Director Talent Acquisition
People come first
Enjoy learning, teaching, and making a difference? Be an athenista.
From Watertown, Mass. to Chennai, India, here's where to find us.
We're honored to have been recognized for our services, technologies, and excellence in the workplace.